Membership status: Member
I'm French and study English at college in hope of becoming, one day, an English teacher. If you knew how difficult it is to teach English as a foreign language in France, you would understand why nobody understands why I want to be one!
I started reading the Twilight books after Twilight was released in theatres, mainly because I wanted to know what happened next. The rest is history. I'm 100% Team Jacob, I have been from the moment, Bella came back from Italy. And because I was frustrated with Breaking Dawn's ending, I turned to fanfiction. I haven't looked back yet.
If you check this page it's surely because you want to learn more about me so I think it's okay for me to say that I'm on Twitter, if you want to follow me. I'm mellyb6.
Last year, one of my mother's cousins died from cancer. He was diagnosized in September and passed away in February. It was really quick and no need to say that it was a complete tragedy for all of us. You are surey aware of the Support Stacie website that helps one of our fellow Twific authors fight againts cancer. They had an auction last month and I wanted to take part in it. I scrolled through all the authors offering fics and not a lot were offering newl fanfics (and even less fics with Jacob as the main character). I wanted to help but I also wanted to read something that I would enjoy. And I found this author that I didn't know before. She said that she usually wrote Jacob/Nessie fics but that she would write Jacob/Bella if it was requested. So I bid on her and won.
She's become a very good friend since. She doesn't hold it against me to have made her write a Jacob/Bella fic. She listened patiently to all my crazy ideas while in the meantime I was reading her Jacob/Nessie fic which is awesome by the way! It's called Hold On, it's AH (if it wasn't I couldn't read it). You should read it. Her pen name is todream.
Anyway. She wrote me the one-shot and posted it on FFnet yesterday for the entire world to enjoy it! It's called Pictures of Us and you can find it here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5908761/1/
I also give you the link to the Support Stacie website, in case you want to know more: http://supportstacie.com/
I don't know of anyone braver than those men and women in uniform and their families. Soldiers, Firefighters, and Police officers risk their lives every day to keep our world a safer place. So we here at Twific Reviews think that they deserve their own contest. So "For the Love of a Man in Uniform" is born.
Here are the rules:
- Your story must be based on a man/woman in uniform or their loved ones. This includes: soldiers, sailors, marines, pilots, police officers, firefighters and medical personnel
- Your story must be a One Shot and please no previously posted stories or outtakes.
- The One Shot must be between 2,000 and 20,000 words not including an A/N or the contest heading which you must include in the document.
- Any Paring is allowed
- Any Rating is allowed. Lemons are not required, but are always appreciated!
- This is an anonymous contest so please don't cheat by telling people that it's your story...we will eventually find out and then you will be disqualified. Plus cheating isn't cool!
- Collaborations are allowed, but please remember to include all members pen-names in the heading.
- The limit is two entries per individual or collaboration
- We ask that you keep away from the topics of Rape and Incest or anything creepy like that. Also please also no Pedophilia (unless it's century year old vamps with 17 year old girls), bestiality (unless it's with warewolves)....geesh what is it with this series we're reading!
- Finally, please get your stories Beta'd...if you don't have someone available to beta for you I suggest sending the story to Project Team Beta: http://www.projectteambeta.com/ It does take time to get this done so don't wait until the very last minute to send it in. We're giving you plenty of time. If you are still having problems just get in touch with us and we'll see if we can help you out.
Submission Heading: "For the Love of a Man in Uniform" O/S Contest
Pen-name: (Will be removed to keep the contest anonymous)
Important Dates: June 1st - June 30th Accepting Entries July 1st - July 15th
Voting Open July 23rd Winners Announced
The stories will be judged by several of our review h00rs and as for the prizes...The winning stories will be featured here on the blog and will receive personalized banners made by the lovely FrozenSoldier who made our contest banner.
E-mail your entries or any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries must be received by 11:59PM EST 6/30/2011
Categories: Twilight Characters: None